Thursday, June 10, 2021

Ubiquiti USG & Vlans

Not sure if this qualifies as a enterprise question, although it is for our shop.
We have a USG with a Unifi switch attached for our wireless networks.

We have 7 APS connected.
It has a direct connection on the WAN to the internet through a DSL modem.

We have recently revamped our network, and we want to put 4 vlans on this router, and have it handle unsecured traffic.
VLAN 100 - Management (10.30.100.x)
VLAN 102 - Secured wifi (10.30.102.x) (connects to our regular switchstack on vlan, and is handled by internal DHCP)

VLAN 200 - Wifi traffic for guests. (10.30.200.x) (USG DHCP)(preferably as a guest network that cannot talk to other networks.
VLAN 201 - IOT (10.30.201.x) (USG DHCP)(ring doorbell and such)

I want the AP's on the management network (not vital it be VLAN 100)

I'm having trouble getting a VLAN only network on the USG having the USG give out DHCP

I want the AP's to get DHCP on the 100 network, preferably from the USG)

I want the VLAN 200 clients to get DHCP from usg

I want VLAN 201 clients to get DHCP from USG.

I'm a little stuck.

I've created 3 lan networks on LAN 2. I can Assign these to different VLANS and DHCP scopes, but I don't know how to configure the switch to give 100.x addresses to the AP's, and 200.x ip's to the wireless clients (Unifi switch config)

If I assign both vlans to a switch-port, how would it decide which range to give to the ap connected, and which range to give to the clients?



No comments:

Post a Comment