Thursday, June 10, 2021

Trying to upgrade my simple rj-45 connectors tester

Tldr:. Want a fancier tester/tracker/distance finder etc for Ethernet and BNC cable. Budget $160 ish. Please and thank you guys. Would like more than I need right now for future use

For the readers🥲 Hey guys quick question. I've been working with a friend installing security cameras and some other small tasks like Ike running Ethernet cables around to feed other rooms. I've been looking for a tester/ tracker for Ethernet cables. I was thinking of buying an updated tool from my the cheap ones that came from my Amazon crimping tool set.

They work great to tell me if I've properly finished the rj-45 connectors. And it's great to have a probe or tracker to find cables. I just would like to upgrade and get something that had a distance finder and other cool little features i might or might not use any time soon . Ive looked a around for a couple of hours and basically found a couple since there's not much reviews or suggestions. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on something similar to my top 3 choices. What made consider these was the fact it has a bnc connection and recently I've had to work with failing cables and just wanted to be able to test a cable before even running it(sucks going back to find out why). If you guys have any suggestions on something else similar to this it's be great. Not trying to spend too much and would like to stay in the $160 range but might spend a bit more if it's worth it. Thanks again guys. If you think there's better options for Ethernet and don't need the BNC option let me know

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HHZV7TV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_9NB9S2EEP6A0BDKR1FEB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077R1LM6J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_5HXBX34FZ3VEHQ8KF4T2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCS1GT3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_PZ73D6T0SSD66QSQ17VX?psc=1

Two are the same brand and model but according to the best and most informed review shows that the s( blue) mode could do cat7 and can only do 1 wire at a time while the red one can use remote identifier to Idenrify multiple cables. Thanks if you read through to the end. Haven't posted i no here before and wanted to follow the rules about showing effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment