Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Tech Janitor Inherits mess, Send Help?

Hello All, I very recently got a job as the IT guy for a smallish company, they recently needed to expand into a second building in the complex, and now their satellite office is connected to the primary office's network via a chain of ethernet cables and switches, which at one point exits and spans a field.

I am looking to use the fiber internet line from the satellite office to build a site-to-site vpn with openVPN,

I am at a bit of a loss however, the boss wants to use the fiber, doesn't want to be strung out across the field, however I am trying to go for reliability and cost effective-ness. at the moment the best solution to this mess is either:

-Ubiquiti UDM pro and AP in the primary office, Edgerouter and ubiquiti AP in the satellite.

-Ubiquiti Edgerouters on both ends and some other APs.

I believe I understand how to configure the openVPN but I am struggling to find the best configuration of hardware to restore order to the mess I have found came with the job.

TIA.



No comments:

Post a Comment