Friday, June 25, 2021

Network Consulting Insurance?

Hello fellow networkers,

Like many of us, I do some network consulting as a side job outside of my normal 9-5. It usually amounts to about 10 hours a month at a pretty high bill rate. Most of my activities include helping this business select new networking products and often times implementing said products. They pay me directly as an independent contractor, so I don't have a LLC and I'm not incorporated. Do I need to get some insurance to protect myself from unforseen events? For example, what if they get hit with a cyber security attack? What if their network goes down from my stupid mistake? If so, where do I look for insurance and what types of policies should I consider?

TLDR: I do side consulting, should I get insurance to protect myself?



No comments:

Post a Comment