Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Is there such a thing as an unmanaged switch with lots of fibre ports?

I'm looking for an oddly specific sort of switch, and haven't had any luck with my search so far. Maybe it's the search terms I'm using. Or perhaps such a thing doesn't exist!

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes an unmanaged switch with 10 (or more) fibre optic ports? The type of fibre port doesn't matter (SFP preferred, but ST or SC also okay - MM fibre) I have an old EtherWAN switch that fits this description, but it is now starting to fail slowly and I want to replace it before it goes completely dead! I can find loads of unmanaged switches that have two fibre ports, but I need more than that for my application.

Basically, I'm looking for a unmanaged fibre optic switch, with lots of ports. Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment