Friday, June 25, 2021

How to deal with an ISP not seeing random Internet drops?

Specifically Comcast. I'm tired of reasoning with their Tier I bots and ask for escalations and callback from Tier II (never call back). Client's internet randomly drops and comes back on its own. I know it's Comcast because I'm monitoring the WAN static block gateway IP and it also goes down. I have the logs and can tell them exactly when it dropped but every single time I call Support it's the same "the modem is online, I don't see any issues, do you want me to reboot it?". Sending a tech onsite does nothing because every time they troubleshoot onsite internet is up and don't see any issues. Besides, I don't think it has anything to do with Layer 1 at this point

Do I have any options here or just ditch Comcast and look for another provider?



No comments:

Post a Comment