Thursday, June 10, 2021

How do I view used IP Addresses in a VLAN on a Cisco 3750X Switch?

I have a Cisco 3750X Switch.

On this switch is a VLAN with devices configured to use it. The IP addresses being assigned in this VLAN are configured to be static. I can see certain IP addresses are currently in use, but being static, I want to know if the next available IP is available or if it was already assigned and then the device was unplugged.

Is there a way to go back and see all IP addresses that have already been reserved?

Example:

Currently I see devices using:

10.112.42.1 10.112.42.2 10.112.42.5 10.112.42.10

To me, that means .3, .4, .6-.9 were used on devices that are no longer plugged in.

Theoretically, the next device to use the VLAN could be .11. However, if other devices have been on the VLAN and unplugged, it could be even higher. So that's what I'm trying to figure out. Can I see which IP addresses have already been reserved/used?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment