Friday, June 4, 2021

Help with what to do with career planning and next steps

Hello all I'm wondering if you guys would be able to help with what I should do with career planning. I have an associates as of right now for network design and administration and working on my bachelors in information technology. I have my CCNA, Security plus, a retired windows server cert that I got with my degree , and secret clearance. My experience work wise is working at my community college as a lab assistant who helped users with basic issues and did some basic hardware installs. Then 4 years as a data center hardware maintenance which was swapping hard drives, rack and stacking routers, switches,etc and running and replacing fiber and copper cables. I have a few months as a networks ops person but was put into help desk instead so didn't really get anywhere with that. Currently I'm at a job for the last 4 months doing face to face user support dealing with office 365, installing/troubleshooting pcs, and basic software issues it feel like an almost tier 1.5 support. I don't really like that position but don't know how to leverage myself into a better position because currently I'm make 25 an hour and don't know how to best move to a better paid or same paying position.

TLDR: No idea how to leverage my experience into a better job and just looking for help.



No comments:

Post a Comment