Thursday, June 3, 2021

Help with Ubiquiti Wireless

Hello,

Wanted to see if someone with more experience than me can help me or point to what I'm doing wrong. I'm fairly new to this hardware/OS platform so pardon my noob questions...

Here is the info on hardware I'm using:

  • 2 Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Pro
  • 4 Ubiquiti UAP-LRv2
  • 1 Ubiquiti Controller Version6.2.25 Installed on a PC (all AP's have been adopted and broadcasting)

What my intent is (to which I'm not having much luck) is to create 3 SSID's at the office I work at.

  • 1 network would be for internal office users with internet access
  • 1 for guest access with internet access and bandwidth throttled to 20Mbps
  • 1 for internal office devices no internet access

Only office Users wi-fi and Internal office devices can see each other whereas the guest Wi-Fi does not see the internal network or other SSID devices.

Things I've done to this point:

  • I have created the 3 intended SSID's and they are broadcasting (2 wi-fi and 1 hot-spot)
  • I have created 3 different networks with their corresponding subnets
  • On the guest Wi-Fi (hot-spot network) when I try to isolate with appropriate settings, this network can no longer access the internet if I enter any subnet on the "restricted Authorization Access" on the Network Isolation option

My question is, how do I accomplish these settings; where the guest Wi-Fi can still access the internet, but cannot see Office SSID, or any internal physical network. Basically a straight path to the internet.

I've poked every setting there could be and I'm not finding any settings that would isolate one network like the intention I looking to do.

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment