Monday, June 21, 2021

Help with Configuring EdgeRouter Infinity to use NAT (while using BGP)

I currently have an EdgeRouter Infinity, and I am using two separate providers. In addition to this, I have my own IP range (given to me by ARIN). Right now, I am able to reach my EdgeRouter from both IP's given to me to me by my ISP's (each on a separate interface) and I am also successfully advertising my own IP range using BGP. This setup is working correctly and as expected. If one ISP goes down, my own IP range is still getting advertised through the second provider.

My issue is that I am now trying to create a LAN behind the EdgeRouter that should reach the internet with an external IP of my own range, not the IP given to me by my ISP's. The reason for this is for redundancy. So, in the case that one provider goes does, LAN will still be reaching the internet through my own IP range which is getting advertised now by my second ISP.

I have done a lot of research and testing including using support channels of Ubiquiti, most of which refer me to using sNAT rules and Policy Based Routing but I have not been able to get this set up to work correctly.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of setup? Or maybe knows how I can get this working? Any help is appreciated and I'd be happy to provide more info if needed. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment