Sunday, June 13, 2021

Has anyone here taken a career break / sabbatical before?

I've been working almost non-stop with networking for the last 12 years, I still love the technology but I never have time to really learn anymore, am so busy with projects and short deadlines all the time and so tired with stress from work that I only really have the time and energy to learn enough to complete my project and move on to the next, I hate it, I am so stressed and anxious all the time, can't do it anymore.

Was thinking on taking at least 6 months break (or as far a money lasts) so I can have some time to dedicate to myself, so I get my health back and also go back to study for love and not necessity. I've been meaning to go back and re-study all the fundamentals for years, but there's never the time! Won't even start on the amount of non-tech books on my shelve staring and laughing at me..

Has anyone done something similar and did you found having to explain yourself to a new employer once you decide to go back to work on why you have a gap on your CV?

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate anything you can share, I am at the point that will start hating my profession if I don't take a break, and I really like Network Engineering.



No comments:

Post a Comment