Saturday, June 26, 2021

Fortinet vs Juniper

So we're in need of a switch redesign in our Colo and upcoming DR data center locations. We're not a huge shop but big enough. Currently were a Fortinet shop with 2 fortigates (ha) and 4 500series fortiswitches.

Due to storage and other enhancements were looking to upgrade to 1048e's to get more QSFP density.

My question is I've been looking at other options other than Fortinet. Although Fortinet hasn't given me any major headaches, I'm not a huge fan. Cisco route looks to be out of scope from a price point and quite frankly I think may be overkill so I'm looking at Juniper.

What's the overall consensus on Juniper these days? It's been a number of years since I've worked with them and recall at least at the time enjoyed working on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment