Friday, June 11, 2021

DNAC - opinions?

I’m a bit underwhelmed by it. I guess I was expecting more. The whole requiring new gear limited our options - like no reason to use/license stealth watch.

I’ve ran through the process of onboarding a few times for some new 9ks. Just seems like so much manual work to import in the beginning. I’m trying to think of easy/lazy ways to make these implementations smooth. Would like to hear any shortcuts anyone else might have come up with. Here’s a few ideas I’m thinking;

  1. Run a python script and convert the config to 9k. This seems straight forward. It’s prep work prior for the template.
  2. Would be nice if there’s a way to bypass the GUI and insert template, net profile, set claim, provision etc? Anyone know if that’s a thing?

The troubles we have bringing up some of these switches is that they don’t come up in order. Even if we set ToR with the right serial it isn’t a guarantee that the switches populate correctly, so then we have to renumber the switch stack which add to the time. Then there’s other little gotchas.

What are your thoughts and feelings about DNAC?



No comments:

Post a Comment