Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Difference between ipsec configurations.

So I inherited an ipsec DMVPN config from the previous person in my position and it has a different configuration than I'm used to seeing. However I'm far from that experienced configuring ipsec on routers.

However, the config that I see that seems to be best practice would look something like:

--------------------------------------------

crypto isakmp policy 1

authentication pre-share

encryption ae 256

hash sha256

crypto isakmp key ciscokey address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

!

crypto IPsec transform-set trans2 esp-des esp-md5-hmac

mode transport

!

crypto IPsec profile vpnprof

set transform-set trans2

------------------------------------------------

Now the config that I inherited is more like this

-----------------------------------------------------------------

crypto ikev2 keyring KEYRING

peer Next-Hop

address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

identity address 0.0.0.0

pre-shared-key local 6 c\DQCHU]PDbPXEYVXJKFDJSLF9808FDLLJL

pre-shared-key remote 6 ]NPfeGHHfZEVT^BA]_O[hQhFD435464FGFGF

!

crypto ikev2 profile IKEV2-PROFILE

match identity remote address 0.0.0.0

authentication remote pre-share

authentication local pre-share

keyring local KEYRING

dpd 30 5 periodic

!

crypto ipsec transform-set TRANSFORM esp-aes 256 esp-sha256-hmac

mode tunnel

!

crypto ipsec profile DMVPN-21

set transform-set TRANSFORM

set ikev2-profile IKEV2-PROFILE

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see any cisco guides exactly suggestion to go with the way we have it, and I'm not really sure what the pros and cons are of each. Anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction?



No comments:

Post a Comment