Saturday, June 26, 2021

DHCP not working on VLAN

I may be being an idiot here (highly likely) but a very simple setup doesnt seem to be working for me.

I have configured ports 1-12 on a dell N3000 on the default VLAN1 and 13-24 on VLAN 2.

I have connected 3 Wireless APs on to ports on VLAN1 and another port to my firewall with the exact same setup for 3 different APs on VLAN2 with a port to the firewall.

VLAN 1 / 2 ports connected to the firewall are configured to trunk the corresponding VLAN, on the firewall side it has a default gateway and when I run show mac address-list i can see the APs and trunk ports all reporting as active.

On the firewall I have configured it to provide DHCP addresses to the corresponding VLANs with 192.168.30.1 range 10-30 for VLAN 1 and on VLAN2 for 192.168.40.1 range 10-30.

The APs on VLAN1 are picking up an IP address on DHCP but nothing on VLAN2 is getting a DHCP address nor are any logs being recorded. The firewall is a Sophos XG 310 and we have multiple DHCP scopes all dishing out IPs correct, so suspect the error is with the switch somewhere.

Wondering what I could be doing wrong, ideally I dont want any interface IPs except OOB on the switch but my last resort is to do that and enable DHCP on the switch side.

Any advice is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment