Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Cisco WLC - Inter-Controller Layer 3 Roaming

I have personally never set this up but am trying to solve a design issue.

Is it possible to use Layer 3 roaming to have a Guest Network SSID: GUEST on WLC1 and it's associated VLAN 100 on our downtown core switches.

I have a remote site that I really don't want to stretch VLAN100 across via layer 2 (but I do have that option). At the remote site with WLC2, how do I properly create the SSID and a VLAN so that it 'forwards' all that traffic to WLC1.

Is that just natively how it works? Is there a setting to mark one SSID/Interface the Anchor on WLC1 and then mark another one the 'foreign'. My hope is that when a user is at the remote site, and they try to join the same SSID, it just knows to forward all that traffic to the WLC1 without having to stretch that VLAN across my distribution switches.



No comments:

Post a Comment