Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Ciena Acquiring Juniper Case Study Help

Hey everyone! I recently got handed a case study to do for my MBA class. Ciena acquiring Juniper. However I'm a networking newb. I'm trying to get a handle on the ecosystem, where the two companies are strong, where they are weak, how they compete, and how one would compliment the other.

I know Ciena is super strong in optical transport network hardware and they have some software (Blue Planet) that helps with network automation. Juniper is strong in routing and switching products, SDWAN. Is that the main difference?

How do they interact with each other? And what software pieces does one do better than the other?

I've been doing research, but for a complete novice in this space it's a bit difficult to grasp. Also, I can't seem to find good information out there that shows the entire industry and where each player sits.

Thanks for any and all the help.



No comments:

Post a Comment