Thursday, June 24, 2021

Black v Blue Colored 9pin RS232 cable

Another day, another stupid question from me to Reddit's networking community.

I have two RS232 9 Pin Female-to-Female cables and an old style Cisco SG-300 console port in following pics:

https://imgur.com/a/D8gSD2Y

The blue one is a null modem cable I think. It doesn't work when I use it on an old type 9 pin Cisco SG-300 console port. The black one DOES WORK when you use it on the SG-300 console port.

Whats the difference? Pinout obviously, but more importantly to me, I need to know what type of cable the black one is in order to buy another one identical to the black one that does work on SG-300's. I don't know what the difference is, or what type of cable that black one is I'm looking for.

I'm thought it might be this below.. but on second look this looks more like a null modem cable like the blue one I already have:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002DEM02M/?coliid=I2B2WYUI0YK2J7&colid=FTPQIRXTI3LP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it



No comments:

Post a Comment