Tuesday, June 29, 2021

A Wired Connection to My Hotel's Wifi Router's Console Port ? Will it work ?

Howdy,

I'm on a remote job and trying to improve my internet connection.

I have physical access to my hotel's wifi router. The router is an HP MSM410. Currently I have "DSL" speed from the Wifi router. Good enough for most things, but its the 10 - 15 minutes a day when I need faster speed for work that are killing me.

Using CAT5 cable, can I make a hard wired connection from my laptop's RJ45 Port to the hotel's MSN410 Router's RJ45 Console port?

Would the connection screw-up anyting on my PC or on the hotel's network? I'm hoping it would be just like the old days back in the office when you just pluged into a corperate office port with cat5 cable. Hoping ... hoping ... hoping

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment