Saturday, May 8, 2021

VPN Not accessible.

I configured a VPN server ( windows 2016 using routing and remote access )

Configured with NAT and L2TP.
Internally I cant connect and it works fine, but when I connect to my hotspot and try to connect it does not seem to work. I received a few errors such as, mis-configuration of settings and what not and I fixed those issues however now I've come across " The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negations with the remote computer"

Does anyone know why this might be ?

Some of the error codes I received on the event log on the server were:

"Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because the protocol engine IKEv2 failed to initialize" Error Code : 20063

"Cold={3844df3e-fd67-5b1c-2681-973424702a01}:The following error occured in the Point to Point module on port VPN2-127, Username <unauthorized user>. Negotiation timed oiut" Error code:20255

I have port forwarded 1701 on the router and im using the public ip address to connect to it externally ? (is this the right ip to try and connect too ?)

Someone please help



No comments:

Post a Comment