Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Strange TCP behavior with Desktop PC and Universal Robot

Hi, thank you to anyone that can shed light on this issue I'm having.

I have a Dell Optiplex 7080, i7, 16 GB of RAM with an additional PCIe NIC (TP link, fairly cheap) used to communicate with a Universal Robot. I have an application that shows the robot's 3D position. The app was developed in a virtual machine, and works great.

However, when moving the app to the physical Dell machine, it will communicate with the robot for a short period of time (less than 20 sec), but the returned data is delayed by about 4 seconds. For example, when you physically move the robot, it's position takes about 4 seconds to update in the app, but eventually all communications cease.

Wireshark shows full windows, but is followed by a zeroed window. It feels like the Rx buffer is filling up, but I can't be sure. I guess my question is is there obvious thing I'm missing that I could adjust either with the NIC or something else?

I know this is very specific to my situation but didn't know if any of you folks could offer guidance. We have tried many troubleshooting steps and are at our wit's end.

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment