Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Question RE: FPR 1120 w/ ASA code

Hi all,

Just got my hands on a new Cisco FPR 1120 after years and years of working with ASA’s and Cisco IOS in general. The device our company purchased is for a customer and came with the ASA image license. So once I go through the smart account process I will need to reimage the device to use ASA code instead of the FPR GUI.

My question is this - once I perform the re-image, can I still manage the NGFW IDS/IPS features that come with the device? Or do I forgo that ability once the device is imaged with the ASA code? Would really suck to not be able to take advantage of the NGFW stuff simply because I’m more comfortable operating the IOS CLI....

I know that the ASA code essentially will live on top of the FXOS so logic would dictate that IDS/IPS management would still exist but I’ve heard otherwise and seen mixed reviews. Anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment