Thursday, May 27, 2021

Need some carrier advice

Hello guys,

I have experience in Enterprise IP communication, routing, switching, wlan, firewall, etc (4-5 years) in vendor-specific environment (TAC).

I need some advices from you guys as what would be a wise step up from "classical" IP network. I try to decide what to do next which is helpful in the future and to avoid wasting time to learn some technology which has a dead future. So in other words to consider the current market evolution. I am leaning toward SDN (Cisco ACI), or automation maybe (also I see Data center positions, Service provider, etc) but I have a difficult time to see the big picture and your input will be greatly appreciated. I want to use my previous experience and the best way possible (not start from scratch).

Some insight: I work in a TAC environment as IP engineer for some years. The current position is mainly troubleshoot and is becoming more and more stressful, with urgent tasks and no time to analyze/prepare (bad management, communication, etc). Too many diverse networks (customers) and requests, so is impossible to learn one's network for long term use. I am the kind of guy which likes to analyze deeper and prepare before I do anything, more quality than quantity, so this position does not fit me anymore.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment