Monday, May 10, 2021

MFA for Cisco ASA while having multiple authentication methods for one Tunnel-Group

Hi everyone,

We are currently working on enabling on MFA for Anyconnect. We just got everyone in our company setup with MFA and we are working on deploying that into our VPN. I have been following a cisco white pages and a YouTube video from cisco and they both seem really straight forward.

However, I would like to turn this on for a few employees to test it out before enabling it for the whole company. Currently everyone VPN's into our main office using a vpn tunnel called vpn_fiber. The authentication method is ldap and it's using a aaa-server-group called LDAP_GROUP. The LDAP_GROUP has two hosts to authenticate with both are internal servers running AD as we are a hybrid environment.

My question is this: When I configure Cisco Anyconnect to use SAML Authentication, and apply SAML authentication to our Tunnel Group, will my other Authentication method be replaced? It seems on the Microsoft side I can specify what users I let use MFA for the VPN, but I am not sure if the other authentication will stay in place as well.

Any insight on this would be much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment