Thursday, May 6, 2021

Lead times through the roof

Nearly a year ago I posted this topic about Cisco lead times blowing out. https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/i3etrd/cisco_lead_times_blowing_out/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Things seem to have gone from bad to worse and it’s now almost impossible to get any sort of gear. We’re in Australia and literally can’t seem to get any Cisco gear and I have no idea what I’m meant to do. I’ve had an order in for a bunch of 9200Ls and various routers since January which had an estimate of end of April which has now blown out to mid July.

I spoke to one of my suppliers today who said if I don’t have any orders in by the end of this month to not expect anything this side of Christmas.

How are things elsewhere or with other vendors? It pains me to consider moving away from Cisco but I can’t exactly tell my bosses that we can’t build a new site or hire new employees because we don’t have the network infrastructure.



No comments:

Post a Comment