Monday, May 10, 2021

Juniper aggregate blocking broadcast

I have a pppoe client device in a lab plugged directly into an MX5 router into a physical port e.g. ge-0/0/10. The MX5 router is acting as the pppoe server. This works fine and the pppoe client can establish a pppoe session without any issue.

If I then plug the pppoe client into a switch and I setup LACP aggregate interface (ae0) from the MX to the same switch the pppoe client will not connect anymore. I know end to end that the tagging etc is working correctly because if change from pppoe and I put an IP on the subinterface e.g. vlan 200 it can ping end to end fine.

It's almost like the ae0 port is blocking broadcast requests. The pppoe PADI request just never seems to get to the MX. If I do a capture I can see the PADI requests leaving the pppoe client but they don't get to the MX.

Has anybody seen anything similar to this before?



No comments:

Post a Comment