Thursday, May 20, 2021

Is there any way to turn a public Wifi connection at the public library into a wired one?

I'm trying to play Google Stadia on my Windows 10 laptop at my public library but I'm still getting bad lag spikes even on their 130 mbps 3 ping Wifi connection. People always say ethernet connections for Stadia are the best so I've been doing research into things like travel routers, wifi repeaters, bridges, and extenders that could possibly help with this but I am at a loss on which one I should buy. I asked another redditor and they suggested [this](https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/nhb712/is_there_any_way_to_turn_a_public_wifi_connection/gyvlnth?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3) but I'm unsure if that is a good idea. Any one able to help me with this? Thanks.

Oh also I tried going on one of the library's computers, unplugging the ethernet cable on there, and plugging it into my laptop but my laptop won't recognize the connection. So that doesn't work.



No comments:

Post a Comment