Friday, May 21, 2021

ipv6 prefix and AS number for lab environment & selfhosted services with tunnel brokers?

Hi all,

I recently deployed tunnelbroker.net on my lab for selfhosted services and started integrating it into docker. I really love the flexibility of making everything available to the net if I enable the forwarding rule for certain ports on my router.

I started thinking that the only issue I have with tunnelbroker.net is that if I change the tunnel to another provider or I made a mistake with the server location I initially chose I have to assign a completely new /48 range to my internal network. I will have to create the prefixes on my router again and redeploy all my docker containers with the static ipv6 addresses (which is possible as everything is automated with ansible but can be tricky sometimes).

Now my question, I stumbled upon: https://www.tunnelbroker.ch/tunnel. They are selling a 6to4 tunnel with an ASN nummer allowing me to peer with them over the tunnel and having my own ipv6 prefix. Only the prefix seems to be limited to them. What would be the cheapest, easiest way to have my own ASN and ipv6 prefix (/48 is more than plenty) to announce to a tunnel broker? Are there any options available for small individuals? I do have a company for my after hours where I could assign the ASN towards.



No comments:

Post a Comment