Tuesday, May 18, 2021

IP MASQUERADING set up not working

Hi all, I am trying to set up IP MASQUERADING for my schools computer lab and I can't get my client pcs to be able to access the internet.

We are currently using an old router as a temp solution as we have just switched buildings but now want to get it set up on our Fedora server.

I am using firewalld and have set up two zones for each nic card.

External 192.168.1.100 ip address 192.168.1.1 gateway 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

Internal 192.168.0.1 set as the ip

With our current setup the server is plugged in to the router but we are going to replace it with the server if I can set this up.

Im trying to keep the 192.168.1.X ip address so we don't have to reconfigure 40 machines but if that is not possible that's fine.

But for setting up purposes I have configured it for 192.168.0.1

I have enabled masquerading and allowed ports 80 and 443 through but I can't ping my client or access internet from it.

On my windows machine all it says is Network 4 no internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a student and noob with linux



No comments:

Post a Comment