Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Help Needed from Cisco Network Admin

Hello everyone! So I've been tasked with sourcing a Cisco network switch for a client that is based in East Africa. I know my way around computers and networks but SME/Enterprise level networking is a whole different ball game. I apologize in advance if the below post could have easily been found through a Google search but I just wanted to be 100% sure before committing to him.

He does not have a Cisco account and usually orders through Dubai to save on costs. The problem is he usually asks for products that are no longer being supported by Cisco. Resellers in the region do not seem to be competent enough to answer his queries which has resulted in me doing a bit of research to find out exactly what are his requirements and how I can fulfill them.

Long story short, I was looking for a WS-2960-48TT-L Cisco Network Switch (he quoted this model number himself which I'm guessing was through his preliminary research) which I DID find but he asked if it had POE which it doesn't. The problem is that the Cisco website upsells you the latest model which is really expensive (the 9200 series). I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a Cisco Network Switch that has 48 ports (10/100/1000) & has POE along with "Borderless Network Architecture, SNMP Management with Auto Smart Ports" that is in the same price range of the above model (around 200-300 USD)

TL;DR - I need help to narrow down a couple of Cisco Network Switches that has 48 ports, POE, & "Borderless Network Architecture, SNMP Management with Auto Smart Ports" that is in the same price range as a WS-2960-48TT-L model.



No comments:

Post a Comment