Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Fibre patch lead labelling

Hi guys

I work at a fairly large University and at the moment I'm the only network engineer (started just before pandemic/been remote mostly). My predecessors didn't believe in labelling much I've discovered. I'm getting pretty tired of looking at fibre patch leads going to panels/switches and having no idea what they're for/where they're going to on the other end, without having to manually trace the cores at each end, as it involves a half mile walk across campus sometimes.

We're looking for a network officer/technician to help out with a fair bit of leg work that needs doing. I want to get a fibre audit of the campus put on their to do list. Part of that is going to involve labelling.

I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for clips/labels, that can be hand written on, and attached to a fibre patch lead?

I used some years and years ago, where they just had two metal clips and a little piece of paper that just slotted in (similar to a key tag), but for the life of me I can't find any on Google.

Or any other recommendations?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment