Saturday, May 1, 2021

Extreme SLX 9540 vs CER 2024 (looking for advice)

I posted this earlier on the Brocade subreddit but have a feeling this is a better place to get any comments. I'm looking to upgrade the wan edge routers in one of our data centers. I was planning on purchasing 2 x Extreme (Brocade) CER 2024 switches because I run them in other places, know they are very solid, can still support a full routing table, but at the same time are old and only have 4 x 10G ports. I've started to look at going with the SLX9540 instead but am weary of changing to a newer platform. My biggest concern is stability and bugs. I want to stick with Extreme to limit the number of vendors I have to deal with so currently I'm ruling out Cisco, Arista, Juniper, etc. My experience in the past with Extreme support for our VDX and CER switches has always been great. Although I do think it is strange that sometimes when asking them questions I think are simple end up with their support replicating in a lab before they give advice. Appreciate anyone's opinion or advice.



No comments:

Post a Comment