Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Connecting External HD (USB) to Hardware Firewall

Hello,

My company is looking into getting a firewall and has tasked me with doing some low level research. I have a quick question I hope someone will be able to help me with:

When installing a hardware firewall, is it possible to attach storage media directly to the firewall in a similar was as to a router?

More specifically, we are trying to add a FortiGate "NGFW" and move a USB storage device from the router to the firewall for network access. Is this possible or does the storage media need to be located further downstream? (such as on a computer attached to the network).

Thanks in advance. Sorry for such a basic question this is a topic completely new to me and I have been reading all day trying to understand this process.



No comments:

Post a Comment