Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Cisco switch with Aruba APs

Hello all,

We acquired a Cisco 4510 with a company we purchased. They had old Cisco APs that were replaced with Aruba AP-515 models. Currently we have Juniper EX3300 devices as a temporary solution in place, but I am migrating everything back to the Cisco in just a very basic configuration for now. It's been a little over 15 years since I've been in a Cisco environment so my syntax is a little rusty.

On the Juniper ports with Aruba APs attached I have the following configured and it works fine:

unit 0 { family ethernet-switching { port-mode trunk; vlan { members [ corp-wifi guest ]; } native-vlan-id 80; } } 

corp-wifi is VLAN 90 and guest is VLAN 99. The management VLAN is 80.

I tried moving the AP to the Cisco and it would not come up. This is what I used on the port:

interface GigabitEthernet10/37 switchport access vlan 90,99 switchport trunk native vlan 80 switchport mode trunk spanning-tree portfast edge 

Am I missing some part of the config or is that just completely wrong?



No comments:

Post a Comment