Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Cisco ASA question regarding multiple WAN connections and routing.

I know this was possible with sonicwalls and only took me about 5-10 minutes to setup but I am not familiar with Cisco’s.

We currently have 3 internet connections, I will called them WAN1, WAN2 and WAN3. WAN2 is going to go away hopefully soon and be replaced by WAN3 which will also be our primary internet connection. Currently WAN1 is our primary so this was not an issue but since we are going to make WAN3 our new primary we will have to have a few servers that continue going out of WAN1 no matter what. What would it take to pull this off, is it just as simple as creating a static route for those servers like I would do in a sonicwall?

I’m asking this because we were forced to go with Cisco and outsource to a MSP which is managing our firewalls now and I’m sitting here waiting two weeks for this to get done.



No comments:

Post a Comment