Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Anyconnect Update - Some PC's just break

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem, where I roll out a new anyconnect version as the webdeploy package. Basically, loads of machines work when they reconnect to the anyconnect VPN, i.e. it connects, the update runs, and then it connects to the VPN. However, every freeking update I do, it seems I get about 50 laptops that always have an issue. When I have a look at them, the anyconnect software has been completely uninstalled, and when I get them to download the latest image from my webdeploy URL, it downloads, but the installation fails with the error "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expeceted."

The workaround I've been using is to completely uninstall the remaining package on there which seems to be the DART install. Then reboot. Then the downloaded anyconnect file will install properly. It's very unclear what the issue is, and I'm wondering if anyone gets this problem, and how you resolved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment