Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Ansible - gather vlan facts, apply specific configuration base on facts

Hey guys,

I wanted to see if the below scenario would be something possible with Ansible, and if so what would be the approach for the playbook,

---

Basically I want to be able to have a playbook that will deploy a new vlan base on an existing configuration, ie: if the "base vlan" is tagged on port 1-10, and on my uplink, I'd like to playbook to replicate the same configuration for the new vlan that the playbook will push,

this is for ICX environment,

I have a working script that do this using the old friend 'expect' and regex but I want to have something more 'robust'

would dict2items in this case would be where to start looking at?

I believe that doable but I'm not sure where to start with

happy networking!



No comments:

Post a Comment