Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Trying to access data sent from device to computer over wifi. Where do I start?

I have a golf simulator that measures a dozen or so metrics from my golf swing, then sends the data it has collected over wifi to my computer, and I'd like to access that data live as it is received on my system.

I know this is a beginner question, and a specific one at that. I don't want a full tutorial, just a nudge in the right direction if possible.

I'm relatively computer-savvy but have spent most of my time building software without much networking overlap, so my knowledge in the field is minimal, and my attempts at googling my way to this data have led me to people with Arduinos and the like attempting to connect to a computer over wifi-a similar problem but not exactly what I'm looking for.

So, two questions I guess:

  1. What should I be studying to learn how to access this data?
  2. Is there a chance this data is encrypted in some way, and not accessible without help from the manufacturer?


No comments:

Post a Comment