Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Tagging interface causes latency on other interfaces

I have two switches that are connected and passing a tagged VLAN (75). If I configure the switches like I have them listed below everything works fine.

SW1

Gi0/2 - Tagged 75 and connected to Gi0/1 on SW2 Gi0/3 - No VLANs and connected to Gi0/2 on SW2 Gi0/4 - Untagged 75 (as native VLAN)

SW2

Gi0/1 - Tagged 75 and connected to 3 ESXi hosts Gi0/2 - Tagged 75 and connected to same 3 ESXi hosts

However, if I then tag Gi0/3 on SW1 for 75 it actually breaks my connection to the ESXi hosts and introduces major instability in the network. I start to see huge latency and disconnects across the 75 VLAN. Including on Gi0/4 which isn’t related to anything but just shares the VLAN and is connected to a desktop. I’ve verified it always happens when both ports Gi0/2 and 0/3 are tagged for 75. If only one is tagged it works great. Any thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment