Thursday, April 8, 2021

RV park Wifi

I currently manage 7 hotels and an RV park. We are looking to replace the old meraki APs that are around the RV park but I've never done an RV park Wifi setup. The hotels are all Unifi gear (before my time) so I was looking to maybe do something similar to the RV park but figured I would do my due diligence and look for other options. I have two buildings in the park, one in the top left corner and one in more or less the middle. I have hardline to those two buildings but not to anywhere else around the site. I understand that it would be best to hardline everything but that just isn't something I can do at the moment. I have power available everywhere on site.

My plan was to use maybe 4 Unifi mesh pros handlined with two on both buildings on opposite sides. Then place maybe 4-6 mesh (non pro) around the park to work as a mesh system.

The park is around 100 spots fairly tightly packed. I have 600/35 coming in.

Any other tips or companies I should look into for my APs?



No comments:

Post a Comment