Thursday, April 1, 2021

route server w/ 2-4 full tables?

Hello all, I'm looking to setup a route server for a little 'micro-IX'. I'd like to get about 20-30Gbps aggregate out of the box before having to upgrade.

I'm considering a Linux/FRR box with a 10G NICs. I feel like I can put together something that can handle this for a few grand.

I'd also consider a cisco/juniper box for this purpose but I think the price will be quite a bit higher. I haven't been using this gear for a long time (run a wISP, use a lot of mikrotik) so I'm out of the loop of what I should expect for price/performance here.

I had considered mikrotik, but I think 10G is about the ceiling on pretty much anything they have and the 'faster' devices have really slow BGP performance.

Opinions?



No comments:

Post a Comment