Saturday, April 3, 2021

Nexus 9k ssh timeout

Hoping a nexus guru can steer me in the right direction...

disclaimer- I have worked closely with catalyst switches(ios+ios-xe) extensively for 5+ years and halfway to being ccnp certified, but this is my first time logging in to a nx-os device

device: C93360YC-FX2

NXOS: version 9.3(2)

So I got the device online via mgmt0. I am not using aaa/tacacs at the moment, just getting it online so my boss can provision it. I am able to ssh in to the device from my office now, but my ssh session keeps timing out in like 60 seconds of inactivity! Here is my "line vty" config from "sh run all | sec line"

line vty

session-limit 32

exec-timeout 120

logout-warning 20

absolute-timeout 120

Would anyone be willing to explain this behavior?



No comments:

Post a Comment