Monday, April 26, 2021

Multiple bgp peering / migration

I have to migrate some active prefixes from ARIN to RIPE (new AS number) on an active peering and am currently planning out the steps to do it. Would appreciate input from anyone who has done similar.

My plan so far is to

  1. Get our ISPs to add an additional dot1q transit interface to our circuit with them
  2. Configure my side to peer with them from the new ASN but not advertise/accept anything initially.
  3. Advertise an unused/spare prefix on the new peering and confirm operation is okay
  4. Transfer prefixes from ARIN to RIPE
  5. Stop advertising prefixes on old peering and start advertising them on the new one
  6. Test

How does that look? Am I making this more complex than is required?

Should I just change our ASN on the existing peering and get the ISP to update their side and call it a day?



No comments:

Post a Comment