Thursday, April 29, 2021

Is my IT guy lying to me? (Android 11, PEAP MSCHAPv2)

So I'm having some issues with work wifi, IT says unfixable, I feel like it should be...?

Ever since the Android 11 update, I can't connect to work wifi. (PEAP MSCHAPv2)

The wifi set up now says I must enter a domain? And the IT guy tried a few domains then told me the wifi equipments are too old, and there is no way to connect my phone to the intranet. Says the access points are too old and there's no budget allocated to buy new ones that support these newer security requirements.

This has a very big impact on my work flow, as i have to move around the workplace constantly, and finding a nearby computer to access the intranet to check on tasks or real time data kind of sucks. (And all the colleagues trying to help by showing me step by step how they set it up on their phone, then trying on my phone, then giving up)

They even took how to connect your android phone to wifi document off the intranet! Now just says contact IT if needing assistance with Android devices. Almost makes me regret not getting an iPhone.

So, is this the IT guy not wanting to do the work / not knowing how to fix it and lying to cover it up? Or is it actually unfixable without replacing hardware?



No comments:

Post a Comment