Thursday, April 29, 2021

Initial CCNA/NP Lab Setup

Just finished building my network sensor (NMIS w/opCharts) using a salvaged server to create the physical representation of GNS3 or Packet Tracer for my CCNA/NP Lab.

What's the connect order if I want to use the server to monitor the lab nodes, but also access it from my Desktop? I've never done this before and I want to make sure I have everything prepped for when I start studying.

The lab is literally going to be used to make 50 different site configs from 1 router and 1-3 switches all the way to 3 routers with 1 switch each and then everything in-between. Build it up, break it down, repeat.

Server:

  • 8-way Serial Squid to all devices in Lab
  • 4- 1GE Ethernet
    • 1 - InOP
    • 1 - Connected to Desktop
    • 2 - Open ( I should be able to use one to monitor the lab )

Lab (Cisco Only):

  • ASA (5520) [For later on]
  • RTR-0 (2821)
    • 2 - 1GE
  • SW-0 (3560G)
    • 48 port
    • 4 - empty SFP/Ether ports ( should I have bought the modules for these? )
  • RTR-1 (2821)
    • 2 - 1GE
  • SW-1 (3560)
    • 24 port
    • 2 - empty SFP/Ether ports
  • RTR-2 (2821)
    • 2 - 1GE
  • SW-2 (3560)
    • 24 port
    • 2 - Empty SFP/Ether ports

Edit: Thanks for the downvote! Rules #1 and #6. Don't make this political. This is an honest post that is following the subreddit rules.



No comments:

Post a Comment