Tuesday, April 13, 2021

GNS3 VM Connectivity Issues

Hey everyone,

I have a good setup which I practice labs on, involving GNS3 and VMware Workstation 15 Pro. Originally setting it up was a huge pain in the a**, but once it was all setup after 2 days, it worked well...that's until the next day. If I put my computer to sleep and wake up the next morning, my VM under server summary goes red "vm stopped or cannot be reached". Rebooting the VM and GNS3 does nothing, it simply fails to connect to the VM.

After researching, I read that someone tried to reset the Virtual Network Editor settings "restore defaults". I did that, re-configured my vmnet1 (host) and vmnet (nat) configs bc i'm not using the default network settings. This actually worked.

But again, if I restart GNS3, or if I put my computer to sleep, the next time I access GNS3, the VM is dead again, and I literally have to restore default settings again and reconfigure. I've been doing this daily and getting tired of it. Has anyone experience anything similar who may have an explanation or permanent fix for it?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment