Friday, April 2, 2021

Fiber connectors confusion.

Total noob here, recently applied for a ftth connection, they terminate the fiber with either SC/APC or SC/UPC connector and provide their own router. I do not want to use their router and use my pfsense box with a NIC that has SFP+ and another one with just SFP, I also have ordered a UDM Pro for some other project. What kind of transceiver/connector do i need if I want to connect it directly via one of these options?

When I looked it up most transceivers have dual fiber(what is this type called), but mine has only one fiber which I found out is called SC/APC or SC/UPC depending on termination technique and wasnt able to find a single fiber transceiver.

Please enlighten me with all the knowledge reguarding this topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment