Friday, April 9, 2021

Extending Office Network to Small Warehouse Inquiry

My seed business has grown such that I need to install wifi in my metal warehouse. Router is installed in main office and need to expand my network to a few APs in warehouse and 4 security cameras near outside door access. Warehouse does not have tall shelving, primarily stacks of seed bags on pallets, has 40 ft ceilings, and 3 forklifts running around loading/unloading trucks at the dock. Unfortunately, it's nearly 200 meters from office router to furthermost point in warehouse where security camera needs to be installed, so will require an 8-port ethernet PoE switch to be installed at a midpoint in the warehouse.

I need to connect to wifi while in the warehouse and doesn't matter if I need to walk a short distance to get a good wifi signal. No wifi connection required on the fork lifts. Biggest concern is the temperature ranges from -15 F in winter to +120 F in summer, so need to get hardened equipment.

Looking for reasonable cost suggestions on hardened APs and an unmanaged hardened ethernet PoE switch that work well together. Will be using shielded CAT6 for the install. Also not against replacing my router to take advantage of newer technology, i.e. wifi 6.

Many thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment