Wednesday, April 14, 2021

dynamic network topology with 100 routers.

Hi I got new client and he wants to found a way to connect 100 routers but dynamically (for close network). I need some help with topology.

He has radios that can connect point to point or point to multipoint and he has 100 sites and as he says (for me it sounds crazy) radio can connect to any radio. Each site should work independent and/or with ANY another site.

So, he wants that any router could connect to any other router and wants do to it dynamically.

My thoughts on this (they all seems wrong)

1)layer 2 network - big layer two network, it can work dynamically he doesn't need vlan separation but still 100 switches with one broadcast domain sounds as really bad idea. And if there will be any multicast traffic it will be disaster.

2)DMVPN network - two routers as hub, ospf or isis (isis sounds better because it doesn't have areas) as igp protocol dmvpn above and we have some kind of dynamics...but I don't get how to do IGP dynamic.

3)Software solutions? I have experience only with cisco SDA, but it still needs IGP connectivity to work, and I need some kind of DC to install software.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment