Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Connecting two buildings

Hi all

My company's looking at renovating a building we own accross the street and I'm looking at a solution to try to extend our LAN there. In a perfect world, we'd have a bridge between the two buildings and I'd just pull a few fibers across it, but that won't happen. I'd like to run a few fibers underground between the two buildings, but our CEO thinks we may have issues getting a permit to dig up a busy city street. Leasing a line doesn't make any financial sense seeing as the place is literally across the street (I told him as much, though he still wants a quote). So my question is whether anyone's ever used something like Ubiquiti's airfiber antennas to connect a pair of buildings. If so, did they work well? Were there issues in inclement weather, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment